× Members

ESA

More
9 years 2 months ago #129759 by emilys
ESA was created by emilys
Hi
Can anyone tell me what I can claim if my ESA ends please. I am going for a appeal this week but if I lose my ESA will end July 31 because you cant be on it for more no more than 365 days.. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129781 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

emilys wrote: Hi
Can anyone tell me what I can claim if my ESA ends please. I am going for a appeal this week but if I lose my ESA will end July 31 because you cant be on it for more no more than 365 days.. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you checked whether you are eligible for Income Related ESA?

Eligibility for ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you are appealing a Fit for Work Decision, rather than appealing to be placed in the Support Group from the WRAG, then you can make a new claim for ESA if your appeal fails (you won't be paid until six months have elapsed from the date of the Decision you appealed).

The only other option is for you to claim JSA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: emilys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.