× Members

Latest ATOS trick in SW London

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129763 by philfuller11
Latest ATOS trick in SW London was created by philfuller11
Hello All

Just to let you knowthat ATOS is trying to get PIP claimants to travel from South west London to Chelmsford for their assessment. ATOS say they aren't taking any more appointments at Wandswoth at present.

This is very unhelpful to say the least, not only is Chelmsford 30 miles away but claimants will have to pay £25 for a return ticket (as will anyone going with them)

A polite call to ATOS secured a home visit for my client but how many are being put off?

thanks

Phil
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #129767 by
Replied by on topic Latest ATOS trick in SW London
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Thanks for the "heads up" !! :)

Yes, similar scenarios being discussed on : rightsnet.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago #129996 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic Latest ATOS trick in SW London
That's terrible. It's such a long way, and that train line is so expensive. Also, it isn't like chelmsford have a short turnaround. I waited over 5mths for my appointment there to come through! It's not just the cost though, it's the physical and mental effects such a long and,I imagine, stressful journey would have on someone who clearly isn't well in the first place. If I might try to add one positive thing at least....the PIP centre is very close to the railway station!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.