× Members

ATOS Assessment 5th March 2015

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129793 by ela808
ATOS Assessment 5th March 2015 was created by ela808
I am new to this site and very new to forums. - I am seeking advice and not sure if this is appropriate for this site...

I have a Atos medical due on 5th March 2015. I filled in and returned IB50 questionnaire from Atos in April 2014, in which I described my mental health problems and how it affects being able to hold down a job. Since then I have had an operation and have developed a physical problem, which affects my energy levels, mobility, and cognitive functions.
I am now seeing and endocrinologist who is investigating my condition and I am having numerous tests, and will possibly be referred to a rheumatologist. In December 2014 I informed ATOS in writing, regarding this undiagnosed condition and supplied them with the referral and appointment letters.

As I am still awaiting for a diagnosis, I am extremely worried that the medical assessment will hinge on the form I filled in last year and I not take into account my physical problems.

I would be grateful, if you would advise me as to what I can do. I have been very worried and stressed which does not help my illness.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129795 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS Assessment 5th March 2015
EB

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

There are still considerable delays in the ESA system and we have had a lot of members in a similar situation to yourself.

You are entitled to provide additional information up to and including the day of the assessment, so what I would recommend is for you to first have a look through our ESA Claim guides on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You can then prepare a letter that documents how you are now affected by all of your conditions, you should send a copy to the ATOS office where your assessment will be, a copy to the DWP office that is dealing with your claim and finally take a copy to the assessment if you still have one and ask the assessor to read the letter and include it in your file before they process with the interview.

As an aside, it is an ESA50 not an IB50 :)

If you have any questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #129809 by ela808
Replied by ela808 on topic ATOS Assessment 5th March 2015
Thank you for the prompt reply and useful links. I wish I had heard of your website when I filled in the original ESA50 form.
I will make sure I read all the relevant information you provide before my assessment.
I am still currently on Incapacity Benefit and the medical assessment will be to determine which ESA group I might be put in. I will try to get as much supporting evidence as I can in the meantime.
I'm not sure whether my long history of clinical depression or my recent physical difficulties will 'score higher' on the assessment. I've been so stressed since I received the ATOS letter, but thankful that I have joined this site.

Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.