× Members

Telephone call from DWP

• Deekam
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129881 by Deekam
Telephone call from DWP was created by Deekam
Some weeks ago i had my pip home assessment, this week i had a missed call from the DWP asking me to call them back. I did this straight way and after going through some security questions the young man asked about the period of time i was admitted to hospital last year for 5 days in agony with one of the issues i have. He wanted to know if i could remember the dates? I could not exactly remember, he then asked if it was before i made my claim via the telephone in the first instance which he said was the 23 /06 2014. I said i am certain i was admitted before that date and discharged before that date. Can anyone explain why he wanted this info, i thought maybe the claim was going to be successful and if so maybe they did not want to back pay to a time i was being cared for in hospital. Just a thought, i have checked the terms of pip and it does mention that if stays in hospital are over a certain time they can stop payments for that period, but not 5 days as in my case so i am puzzled by the question asked. I did ask if it was relevent to my claim he answered we just need to know if it was before your claim. Any ideas or thoughts please he did say i would know in a few more weeks.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129891 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Telephone call from DWP

Deekam wrote: Some weeks ago i had my pip home assessment, this week i had a missed call from the DWP asking me to call them back. I did this straight way and after going through some security questions the young man asked about the period of time i was admitted to hospital last year for 5 days in agony with one of the issues i have. He wanted to know if i could remember the dates? I could not exactly remember, he then asked if it was before i made my claim via the telephone in the first instance which he said was the 23 /06 2014. I said i am certain i was admitted before that date and discharged before that date. Can anyone explain why he wanted this info, i thought maybe the claim was going to be successful and if so maybe they did not want to back pay to a time i was being cared for in hospital. Just a thought, i have checked the terms of pip and it does mention that if stays in hospital are over a certain time they can stop payments for that period, but not 5 days as in my case so i am puzzled by the question asked. I did ask if it was relevent to my claim he answered we just need to know if it was before your claim. Any ideas or thoughts please he did say i would know in a few more weeks.

Hi D,

As with DLA claims, it is quite normal with PIP claims to be asked to provide information regarding any hospital admissions as an in-patient.

As long as you were not in hospital as an in-patient for 28 days or more there should not be a problem.

bro58

• Deekam
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129917 by Deekam
Replied by Deekam on topic Telephone call from DWP
Yes i knew the 28 day rule of being in hospital and then needing to inform them if on pip. It quite clearly said 5 days on my pip form so i was puzzled as to the call.

The young man was very polite and even said did i want to call him back the next day with the dates of admission and discharge but i just said i am sure it was in May last year. I did call my GP but they said they would have to trawl through the paper records as i had moved my GP practice since then. I told my GP receptionist not to put themselves through the task of hunting it down as he was quite satisfied with my answer of it being before my claim. It still puzzles me though as to why the need for the info if as i had said it was just 5 days! Would there be another reason for this info, he appeared to just need to know was it before my claim!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #129919 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Telephone call from DWP

Deekam wrote: Yes i knew the 28 day rule of being in hospital and then needing to inform them if on pip. It quite clearly said 5 days on my pip form so i was puzzled as to the call.

The young man was very polite and even said did i want to call him back the next day with the dates of admission and discharge but i just said i am sure it was in May last year. I did call my GP but they said they would have to trawl through the paper records as i had moved my GP practice since then. I told my GP receptionist not to put themselves through the task of hunting it down as he was quite satisfied with my answer of it being before my claim. It still puzzles me though as to why the need for the info if as i had said it was just 5 days! Would there be another reason for this info, he appeared to just need to know was it before my claim!

Hi D,

No, it is quite standard for them to inquire regarding hospital stays as an in-patient, so I wouldn't worry !! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.