× Members

Lost mobility component on PIP

More
9 years 2 months ago #129885 by Feelinghopeless
Lost mobility component on PIP was created by Feelinghopeless
Hi,
I was on DLA higher rate care and lower rate mobility.

I just received my DWP brown envelope and I have been awarded enhanced rate care, and lost my mobility component.

My query is about a sentence in the decision makers reasoning which says "you said in your questionnaire and at your consultation that you are able to walk more than 200 metres unaided....." I never had a consultation! I live in North Wales and assume that it was Capita, but they never came to see me and I never saw anyone, so how can they say at my consultation? No where on my evidence does it say that I can walk 200 metres most of the time unaided - assuming that aided means another person?

I don't want to appeal the decision because I can't afford them to relook and take points off my daily living component, it is too much of a risk.

The reason for this message is that my ESA entitlement is based on the descriptor about social interaction and the fact that I have agoraphobia and social phobia (as diagnosed by my psychiatrist) which means that all social contact is impossible because of these issues.

Will the PIP decision that I can 'walk 200 unaided' mean that I will lose my ESA for social contact and not being able to go out descriptors?

That is my only worry. My husband and I have discussed how financially we will have to adapt so that we can cope with the financial loss of the mobility component, but I didn't attend a consultation and will I now lose my ESA?

thank you very much for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129896 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Lost mobility component on PIP
mad cow

It sounds like it was a standard letter and they have not checked to see whether all of the information on it is correct before sending it out, we see this happening regularly for ESA, so I would not be surprised to see it for PIP as well.

PIP tests two elements of your being able to go out; your ability to walk (the 200m relates to this) and your ability to plan and execute a route, your DLA Mobility award was based on you having problems with the latter.

So you should not be worried about your ESA claim in regard to the 200m statement, however, if you also did not score points for the PIP Going Out question then this may be a problem as this would correspond to the ESA Going Out question.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feelinghopeless

More
9 years 2 months ago #129912 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic Lost mobility component on PIP
Thanks Gordon. I did score 4 points on the planning and executing a journey but obviously that wasn't enough to get the mobility rate but having read your message I think that was a fair decision.

just want to thank you and your team because without your guides I would never have got not only the enhanced rate daily living component, but wouldn't have had the decision made so quickly. My PIP deadline was on 15 Jan so a very quick decision and no visit or face to face assessment so I am thrilled. Thank you all very much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
9 years 2 months ago #129913 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Lost mobility component on PIP
mad cow

If did score points then this should help with your ESA.

Thanks you for your comments about B&W, much appreciated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129921 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic Lost mobility component on PIP
Thanks for answering my queries but just one more which might also be of interest to others with the wording of standard letters.

DLA was due to run out in April 2015. Today I had my PIP award decision letter. I have lost my DLA mobility component. What confuses me is that in my decision letter it has two conflicting bits of information regarding timing of payments. In one paragraph it says "I've decided you are not entitled to either rate of mobility component of PIP from and including 15 December 2014" -(possibly the date I started my claim on the phone) and yet on another page of the decision letter it says that PIP payment can only start 4 weeks after the new decision has been made. The deadline for my PIP claim was 15 January so how can they stop my DLA mobility component payment from 14 December last year because it is not 4 weeks after the PIP decision was made. Really confused. Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129927 by
Replied by on topic Lost mobility component on PIP

mad cow wrote: Thanks for answering my queries but just one more which might also be of interest to others with the wording of standard letters.

DLA was due to run out in April 2015. Today I had my PIP award decision letter. I have lost my DLA mobility component. What confuses me is that in my decision letter it has two conflicting bits of information regarding timing of payments. In one paragraph it says "I've decided you are not entitled to either rate of mobility component of PIP from and including 15 December 2014" -(possibly the date I started my claim on the phone) and yet on another page of the decision letter it says that PIP payment can only start 4 weeks after the new decision has been made. The deadline for my PIP claim was 15 January so how can they stop my DLA mobility component payment from 14 December last year because it is not 4 weeks after the PIP decision was made. Really confused. Thank you.

Hi MC,

For claimants endeavouring to transfer over to PIP from DLA, the "start date" is not relevant.

In this scenario, you will continue to receive the same rate of DLA that you had when the transfer began, until 4 weeks after the date of the new PIP Decision.

If the DLA payments that you receive do not seem to comply with that rule, you should challenge this with The DWP.

Remember, DLA is normally paid four weekly in arrears on a Wednesday.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.