× Members

GP

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #129887 by Orangeblossom
GP was created by Orangeblossom
I get enhanced rate PIP and am in ESA support group. I found out recently through doing CBT that my GP seems to think my health is OK. (through the CBT contacting GP) :-(

This is worrying, in case of reapplying in future. Previously, I've sent in consultant's letters and they did say they had written to the GP to advise them of the situation. obviously, that hasn't sunk in.

Did I read somewhere they only contact the GP 25% of the time?

Last time they listed all my previous assesments, forms and GP Med 3 as being in evidence of be being in the support group. So I'm slightly confused! :-(
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 3 months ago #129897 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic GP

Orangeblossom wrote: I get enhanced rate PIP and am in ESA support group. I found out recently through doing CBT that my GP seems to think my health is OK. (through the CBT contacting GP) :-(

This is worrying, in case of reapplying in future. Previously, I've sent in consultant's letters and they did say they had written to the GP to advise them of the situation. obviously, that hasn't sunk in.

Did I read somewhere they only contact the GP 25% of the time?

Last time they listed all my previous assesments, forms and GP Med 3 as being in evidence of be being in the support group. So I'm slightly confused! :-(

Hi Ob,

If your G.P.'s opinion of your medical conditions differs to that of other treating HCP's and/or they are not fully aware of the limitations that you suffer, maybe you should discuss this with them.

"Did I read somewhere they only contact the GP 25% of the time? "

Yes, this is correct, DWP/ATOS, etc seldom contact a claimant's G.P. or other treating HCP even when the claimant requests that they do so.

We see the "Med 3" mentioned quite regularly as "evidence that has been referred to" in ESA Med Reports. (ESA85/ESA85A)

The Med 3 is simply a sick note/fit note, and we have seen this with members who have not had one of these from their G.P.'s for many years.

It seems that the LiMA software used to generate these Med Reports gives "drop-down" options, and the HCP is simply not amending the options that are applicable to the individual claimant.

For ESA, if one's G.P. is contacted, it would usually be in the form of an : ESA 113 Questionnaire

This should be mentioned by name if one has been issued.

For PIP it would be a G.P. Factual Report (GPFR) : www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...5481&start=30#102599

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris