× Members

CAB advice for ESA is appeal pip award.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129916 by little effie
CAB advice for ESA is appeal pip award. was created by little effie
Hello again,
On advice of this forum I contacted cab for advice on possible ESA claim. Having looked at all my medical evidence including being rehoused via council OT due to deteriorating health and finances etc. He said "are you stupid or what? Realise how much is wrong with you and why are you making yourself so Ill trying to carry on without help!"

I was to be honest a bit shocked but my husband has been saying similar for years.
So they are going to help my appeal and sort out a few other things as well.

I suppose if you are fiercely independent as I am and have previously worked hard full time and if you are downtrodden by the media , government etc it is hard to accept or see how things should be.

So will see how things go and report back how we get on.

PS. Cab did say how incredibly helpful this site is and know it has helped a lot of people get awards that they otherwise wouldn't have.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129918 by

steffi wrote: Hello again,
On advice of this forum I contacted cab for advice on possible ESA claim. Having looked at all my medical evidence including being rehoused via council OT due to deteriorating health and finances etc. He said "are you stupid or what? Realise how much is wrong with you and why are you making yourself so Ill trying to carry on without help!"

I was to be honest a bit shocked but my husband has been saying similar for years.
So they are going to help my appeal and sort out a few other things as well.

I suppose if you are fiercely independent as I am and have previously worked hard full time and if you are downtrodden by the media , government etc it is hard to accept or see how things should be.

So will see how things go and report back how we get on.

PS. Cab did say how incredibly helpful this site is and know it has helped a lot of people get awards that they otherwise wouldn't have.

Hi s,

I am surmising that CAB are fully aware of your personal circumstances, husband already claiming ESA, etc : www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...&limitstart=0#129334

On that premise, I hope it all works out well !!! :)

Thanks for letting us know, and do keep us updated !!

(P.S. Thanks CAB !! :) )

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #129922 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic CAB advice for ESA is appeal pip award.
Hi
Yes thanks I did let them know about my husbands ESA etc in fact took every piece of info inc. Old DLA ,my previous IB claim and finance stuff. It was actually because of your advice on post re ESA I made myself arrange the cab meet needed someone else to encourage me to So thank you as even if it doesn't improve our finances it has given me a wake up call to accept and look after me.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129995 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic CAB advice for ESA is appeal pip award.
Hi Steffi

I read your initial posting with interest, and it really struck a chord with me. I feel exactly the same as you, having been such an independent person. I am so reluctant to ask for, or even accept help when it's offered. An example of this being that lately I've been too ill in the mornings especially to get out and about, and rather than ask for help, I have been keeping my son home from school more than I should. This then adds to the guilt I feel, so stresses and depresses me, and so it starts all over again.

At the moment I am waiting for a decision on my PIP claim, something I had never even heard of, but I was advised to apply for by a back to work advisor at the job centre!

Good luck to you, I hope it goes well for you.
A

More
9 years 2 months ago #130055 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic CAB advice for ESA is appeal pip award.
Hi A

Thanks . I do hope you get the pip award you deserve.Please reply post when you receive it as good news always helps the rest of us and if you aren't happy with the award at least the mods on here can help and the rest of us can at least understand how you might be feeling.

Good luck and I will post any progress.

Steffi

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.