× Members

New claim after not returning ESA50

• Seth Kneller
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129988 by Seth Kneller
Replied by Seth Kneller on topic New claim after not returning ESA50
So, this is what I plan to write to them anyway:

I would like to give a statement as to why I did not return the ESA50 that was sent to me when I last made a claim on 29/09/14:

At the time I made this claim for ESA I was suffering for Plantar Fasciitis, a condition in which the tissues in the foot swell up and make it very hard to walk. I had spent a week where I could not walk and visited my GP to ask for a sick note. At the time I had recently lost my job and was another job; I knew that in this state I could not go to interviews or attend the job centre, so I claimed ESA.

By the time the sick note had run out and I received a letter reminding me to send in the completed ESA50, I was feeling much better, although I still had not found work. On the 1st December 2014 I claimed JSA because I had run out of money to support myself.

Because of my Asperger Syndrome and ADHD, my mental health is quite fragile and during the process of looking for work I received many rejections, being on JSA only made this worse because of the pressure I was under to look for work. Although I found a job which started on 13th January 2015, I lasted 5 days in this position and I immediately began feeling very depressed and anxious about the future, knowing that I would not be able to return to JSA having left my job voluntarily. I have been seen by a number of mental health professionals in the past 2 weeks, all of whom were very concerned that I had distinct plans to end my life; I have been visited regularly by the home treatment team.

I still feel very depressed and I feel that I need time and help to resolve the problems that have regularly occurred while I have been working. I am currently under the supervision of the local Community Mental Health Team who have a plan to try to help me over the next few months. At the present time I feel that trying to look for jobs and get back into work would make the situation worse and potentially cause me to further consider taking my life.

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129989 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New claim after not returning ESA50
Seth

I hope it works out for you and if you need help with the ESA50 then please come back to the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth Kneller

More
9 years 2 months ago #129993 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New claim after not returning ESA50
Seth, you have a typo in the 2nd para -

"At the time I had recently lost my job and was another job"

You might want to correct that before you submit your statement.

I wish you good luck with your claim.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth Kneller

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.