× Members

ESA appeal

• Bronnie
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129985 by Bronnie
ESA appeal was created by Bronnie
I'm about to fill out the SSCS1 form. I have a condition called CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) also known as M.E. When looking through the notes made by atos and from the phone interview done by the DWP, I have made some incorrect statements, more so on the phone interview, I get very tired and confused, and didn't mean to give incorrect information. Example: in the phone interview it states that I said that don't have a problem with sitting for an hour, but I do. If I was to change what I said on the new form explaining that it was due to exhaustion that I gave the wrong information, do you think this is ok? sorry for the lengthy description
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129987 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA appeal
LH

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You do not need to go into detail on the SSCS1 form as to why you are requesting an appeal, although if you want to it is not a problem.

I would recommend you start by having a read of our ESA MR & Appeal guide which explain the process in more detail, how to complete this form and to prepare a case. You should also have a look at our ESA Claim guides before providing too much information to the Tribunal Service to avoid conflicting information. Both guides are available on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have any questions after you have read the guides, then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help you, you might want to bookmark it in your browser.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Bronnie
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129992 by Bronnie
Replied by Bronnie on topic ESA appeal
Thank you for your reply, I have looked through the guides available, I still feel confused with section 5? Ill look over it again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.