× Members

Backdated Payments Vs Savings

• DA0
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #129999 by DA0
Backdated Payments Vs Savings was created by DA0
Hi,

My brother just won an ESA(IR) Tribunal decision. :)
Long story short...

I calculate he'll be entitled to about £9k in backdated payments (half for the last 9 months when the DWP paid him nothing, the rest over 3 years+ prior to that).

Now the family have supported him financially over this time, but technically he will have more than £6k in his bank account, once the backdating is repaid.

Surely this would technically reduce any ESA(IR) payments (by £12/week), until the amount in the bank reduces below £6k.

Strange days when good news gives you a problem, but we're talking about the DWP.

Any advice, other than family members being reimbursed, which I'm not looking for, welcome.

Keep up the good work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130004 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Backdated Payments Vs Savings
DA0

Backdated payments should be disregarded for at least 52 weeks, it may be indefinitely depending on how far back they go.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: DA0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.