× Members

Representative for my appeal

• Bronnie
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130000 by Bronnie
Representative for my appeal was created by Bronnie
I have asked my local CAB if they could provide me with a representative for my hearing, unfortunately they do not provide this service. Could I ask my mum to be my representative?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130006 by
Replied by on topic Representative for my appeal

Bronnie wrote: I have asked my local CAB if they could provide me with a representative for my hearing, unfortunately they do not provide this service. Could I ask my mum to be my representative?

Hi B,

You can nominate any willing person to be your "rep".

You should be aware that as with any representative, even a professional one, that even though they can make a submission and have some input at the TS Hearing, that the majority of any questions will be put to you directly.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

• DA0
9 years 2 months ago #130017 by DA0
Replied by DA0 on topic Representative for my appeal
You should also be aware that your "rep" might not be allowed to be a witness. That was the case for me representing my brother at a recent ESA Tribunal. His daughter also had to sit outside until the judge wanted to question her, in order that she was unaware of any prior responses to questions.

Not sure if DLA tribunals would be different, as we also had an appeal for that last year, and everyone stayed in the courtroom (I wasn't his rep at that hearing, but the CAB were so poor that we wanted a better job done for his ESA tribunal (which we won)).

It might just be at the Judges discretion, which is quite wide.

Good luck anyway.

• Bronnie
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #130059 by Bronnie
Replied by Bronnie on topic Representative for my appeal
Thank you for this. Its been really helpful. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.