× Members

clarification on wording my Wifes pip application.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130011 by micpra55
Hi
I have 14 days to fill in my Wife's pip application.She has just started Chemotherapy two weeks ago after having an op for bowel cancer.
My Question is As my wife is not well enough to fill in the pip application form.
Can I fill it in for her and address the information as my wife has difficulty etc

Or do I get her to quote her problems and I write them out,
And inform pip I have done this.

Her current conditions being osteoarthritis in her hip causing mobility problems. and bowel incontinence due to the cancer.
Can I also add the problems she is having with the Chemotherapy or will it not count due to length of time on the Chemotherapy medication thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by . Reason: tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130013 by Gordon
micpra55

Yes you can.

If you use her words then fill it out as "I" and have her sign it.

If she is not well enough to do this, then fill it out as "she" and you sign it.

Either way make sure that you use our PIP Claim guide to help you frame the answers in regard to her problems.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any further questions then please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: micpra55

More
9 years 2 months ago #130019 by micpra55
Thanks for your reply Gordon and yes I will be using the PIP Claim guide to help me frame the answers in regard to her problems.

My only other question is MY Wife has just started Chemotherapy two weeks ago.
And the side effects are just starting to show now.
Am I able to include these side effects in her claim or do they have to be present for at least three month.
As it will probably at least 6 month from now that pip actually look at this claim.
Thanks again.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130030 by Gordon
micpra55

It is most certainly worth mentioning, but I would be careful to distinguish any problems she has as a result of the chemotherapy from those that she had prior to it, that way if the chemo is disregarded due to the 3 month back and 9 month forward rule it will not compromise the rest of the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: micpra55

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130097 by micpra55
As said earlier my wife is being treated for bowel cancer.
She has suffered with hip problems for the last six month but due to the cancer she has not had it diagnosed until recently as osteoarthritis.

Is it possible to include her hip problems ie osteoarthritis in her pip claim as she has been suffering mobility problems with this for the past six month.

Or would it be disallowed due to the 3 month before and nine month after rule.

Thanks for all your help.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130099 by slugsta
The 3 months back rule applies to the problem, not the diagnosis itself. As you state that your wife has been having problems for 6 months, and OA is a long-term condition, you are perfectly justified in including it in her PIP claim.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.