× Members

PIP RECONSIDERATION

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130021 by Michelle Smith
PIP RECONSIDERATION was created by Michelle Smith
I've been awarded standard daily living component & I am wanting a reconsideration. My award contradicts itself initially stating I need an aid to bathe & wash. This is a person as part of my SDS package, but wrongly states I can dress & undress myself. On the day I had had to take extra medication to go through with the assessment, mental health wise I was having a good if not slightly giddy day, I explained this but have scored 0 for managing my mental health & therapy, I have been under the complex care treatment team for over two years, have a care co-ordinator, psychiatrist & therapist, my medication has been put in a blister pack &; is monitored daily by my support workers/carers too I have 2 previous suicide attempts & frequently feels suicidal & Im in constant fear of detaching, the reports staes findings of my mental state werevI have normal cognitive function & memory? I can apparently make complex budgeting decisions unaided- I am very impulsive & wasteful with my money & am always incurring debts! I have only scored 8 points?

I have scored 4 for mobility, I have fibromyalgia & major depressive disorder I dont leave the house unless I have to, I am permanently in pain & am frequently in bed incapacitated with chronic fatigue. I cant stand unaided for more than a minute, I use aids to walk alot, cannot exhert myself, I pay for any exhertion the following day I have severe panic attacks. I have brain fog, resulting in confusion, Iinability to think clearly & lack of concentration.

HELP - I don't want to go to appeal, but I feel there are soo many points I need to convey or reiterate, whats is your advice please
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130033 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP RECONSIDERATION
MS

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am afraid the Decision will stand unless you challenge it, before you can appeal you will need to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this will involve a DWP Decision Maker looking at your form and evidence again to see whether they can come to a different Decision, you can submit further information and/or a letter clarifying your original submissions.

Have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for more details on the process. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

I am guessing that you used our PIP Claim guide to complete your form, but it would not hurt to go back through it with your forms to see if you can explain your limitations better than you have.

We can't tell you whether to appeal or not, but we can make sure that your decision is as informed as possible, so if you have any questions, then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.