× Members

ESA Payments

• Mike
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130077 by Mike
ESA Payments was created by Mike
Hi everyone,

I have recently applied for ESA and am in the assessment phase. I did get back paid as my medical note was for 2 months prior to me applying for ESA. The rate i got back paid was at £57.35 a week. Once I am out of the assessment phase will I get back paid again for the 'assessment phase; only being at job seekers pay instead of the rate of ESA?

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130103 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Payments
Hi Mike,

The rates of JSA and the assessment rate of ESA are the same. The figure you quote is for people under the age of 25. Does this apply to you?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta. Reason: tick

• Mike
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130834 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic ESA Payments
Hi

Yes it applies to me. My question is once i have been accepted for ESA will i get back paid for the assessment phase as i am only getting £57 instead of the ESA rate.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130843 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Payments

Mike wrote: Hi

Yes it applies to me. My question is once i have been accepted for ESA will i get back paid for the assessment phase as i am only getting £57 instead of the ESA rate.

Hi M,

Once you have gone through The ESA WCA, if you receive a positive decision and are placed into The WRAG or The Support Group, (SG) the extra WRA or SG Component will either paid from the date of the decision if it is made before the end of the 13th week of your claim, or from the start of week 14, if after that time.

The extra WRA or SG Component will be paid on top of your ESA Personal Allowance, which is the same amount as you currently receive in The Assessment Phase.

Have a read through our : "Understanding Employment and Support Allowance" Guidance, 2nd link down this page :

ESA Claims Guides

It should help you to understand how ESA "works".

See also : ESA FAQ’s

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris