× Members

Advice on going to tribunal for ESA

• gwendoline cripps
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130081 by gwendoline cripps
Advice on going to tribunal for ESA was created by gwendoline cripps
I am taking my case to tribunal after getting 0 points. Is there somewhere on this site that can help & guide me on the best type of wording for my appeal letter. I have lower back & hip pain & lack of mobility, also arthritis in my thumb joints. I have been on IB for 5 years, now i am 'fit for work' but have more problems now than 5 years ago.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130105 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Advice on going to tribunal for ESA
Hi and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this FAQ should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You might not be aware that your real name is visible on the forum. If you wish to change yyour username, in order to maintain an element of anonymity, you can do so easily by following the steps in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Have you had a Mandatory Reconsideration yet? You can only progress to appeal once this has been undertaken. I will continue on the assumption that this has already been carried out.

You do not need to go into much detail when you submit your appeal request, just to say that you do not believe that the severity of your condition has been taken into account. However, you must then follow this up with a submission stating your problems and the evidence that you have supplied backing this up. You can supply extra evidence at this stage if you have it.

It would be worth looking at our ESA guides so that you understand how best to word your problems.

ESA claims and appeals

We also have appeal resources

Appeals FAQs

If/when you have further problems, please reply to this post and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.