× Members

I did not receive my esa payment this week

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130086 by Mcgunnigal
I did not receive my esa payment this week was created by Mcgunnigal
I looked up my letters and discovered payments were from 12/04/14 to 28/11/114
The letter says I am on the contribution based esa
What should I do , as I am not fit for work due to side effects of encephalitis
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130106 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic I did not receive my esa payment this week
Hi Clare and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Many claimants are confused by the November date that is often given on letters.This actually relates to the payment of the £10 Christmas bonus rather than when your ESA ends.

Which group of ESA were you allocated to? People in the WRAG are only entitled to 365 days payment (including the assessment phase if there was one) of contributory benefit.There is no such restriction for people in the Support Group.

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

If this is the reason for the lack of payment, you might be able to continue to receive payment if you are entitled to Income-Related ESA. You would have to be on a very low income, have no partner working for more than 24 hours per week and have no savings/assets over £16,000. If this applies to you, you should contact DWP ASAP and ask for an ESA3 to assess your financial status.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

As long as you have not failed to return forms or attend appointments when required to do so, the other option is that DWP have made a mistake of some sort. This is not unheard of! If this seems to be the case you should phone them on Monday to find out what is going on.

If you have further questions please reply to this post and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by . Reason: corrected typo. 375 to 365.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.