× Members

ESA RE ASSESSMENT - 15 months wait

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130109 by Lynda
ESA RE ASSESSMENT - 15 months wait was created by Lynda
HI, i filled in the ESA re assessement form in November 2013, which was 15 months ago. I still havent heard from them regarding my outcome. It is causing me a lot of stress waiting for the decision (im in the support group for ESA). Is a 15 month wait the norm at the moment? I know they have a backlog and that Atos are handing over the work to another company in March. I did ring the DWP telephone helpline a few months back, they just said there was a huge backlog. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #130112 by

Lynda wrote: HI, i filled in the ESA re assessement form in November 2013, which was 15 months ago. I still havent heard from them regarding my outcome. It is causing me a lot of stress waiting for the decision (im in the support group for ESA). Is a 15 month wait the norm at the moment? I know they have a backlog and that Atos are handing over the work to another company in March. I did ring the DWP telephone helpline a few months back, they just said there was a huge backlog. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Hi L,

I am afraid that there is no rhyme nor reason to ESA assessments/reassessments at this time.

We have heard from several members in similar situations.

If you wish to push this issue, you can contact :

ATOS : ATOS Complaints.

The DWP : THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

Complaining to The DWP

And/Or your M.P. : Contacting your MP

Sorry that I can't be more helpful. :(

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago #130166 by Lynda
Replied by Lynda on topic ESA RE ASSESSMENT - 15 months wait
Thank you for your reply, i really appreciate it. Useful info to know there are others who are waiting this long too. It really isnt acceptable to be kept waiting this long, the whole thing is a right mess. Thank you for this wonderful service you run, been really helpful when ive had to fill in ESA assessment forms in the past. Kind Regards, Lynda

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.