× Members

Pip no backdated payment

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130073 by Samra
Pip no backdated payment was created by Samra
Hi I've been awarded pip and would Like to know why they not back dating my money I failed my tribunal so they cut my money now I got pip and they Say cause I get pip they can't back date it what shall I do please advise?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130117 by Samra
Replied by Samra on topic Pip no backdated payment
Hi I had a tribunal few months back and failed the tribunal my money was taken of me I was on lower rate only for care I applied for pip and got it the question is on the letter it says no backdated payment because I get dla that's what they think but I don't so what should I do ? Can I get backdated payment as I was having no dla?

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130132 by
Replied by on topic Pip no backdated payment

Samra wrote: Hi I've been awarded pip and would Like to know why they not back dating my money I failed my tribunal so they cut my money now I got pip and they Say cause I get pip they can't back date it what shall I do please advise?

Hi S,

If this was a totally fresh claim for PIP (you were not receiving DLA prior to the PIP award) then any monies owed as a result of the PIP award should be backdated to the date of the initial PIP claim.

This would generally be your first phone call informing the DWP that you wished to make a PIP claim.

If you were in receipt of DLA, and have either been invited to claim PIP, or have had to be reviewed under PIP criteria due to reporting a change in your condition to DLA, you would only receive any payments as a result of the new PIP awards from 4 weeks after the date of the PIP decision, hence no back payment.

bro58

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130135 by

Samra wrote: Hi I had a tribunal few months back and failed the tribunal my money was taken of me I was on lower rate only for care I applied for pip and got it the question is on the letter it says no backdated payment because I get dla that's what they think but I don't so what should I do ? Can I get backdated payment as I was having no dla?

Hi S,

Answered in my post above.

Please try not to post duplicate queries on different topics.

It is far better to start your own topic and keep all your queries in one place.

Have a look at : This Post.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130376 by Samra
Replied by Samra on topic Pip no backdated payment
Hi I contact dla and the lady said that they didn't k anything about the dla stopping the money and that I owed them money because they over paid me but they never Over paid me even if they did it was only 86 pounds and she said that she gonna get someone to call me back . Sounds weird when in letter they mentioned nothing on over payments they just wrote because you get dla we can't back date it

9 years 2 months ago #130377 by

Samra wrote: Hi I contact dla and the lady said that they didn't k anything about the dla stopping the money and that I owed them money because they over paid me but they never Over paid me even if they did it was only 86 pounds and she said that she gonna get someone to call me back . Sounds weird when in letter they mentioned nothing on over payments they just wrote because you get dla we can't back date it

Hi S,

Yes, you really do need to get this sorted out !!

To be honest, I am just as confused as you seem to be !!

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.