× Members

One last thing before my PIP f2f this Wednesday

• id66
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130119 by id66
Well, probably 2 actually.

I have to take myself and some ID to my face to face but do I need to go armed with the mountain of paperwork I have or can I just take the letter proving my recent diagnosis (which was also sent to DWP and ATOS HQ's), which is all that's changed since the forms went on last year.
The assumption being that they are already armed with all the other info and just need to check me out and go through their barrage of questions?

Also, on the subject of needing help but not necessarily receiving it, what if they ask me what I do on a typical day?
I mean, I need help getting my trousers and socks on most days but don't usually get it. So struggle through.
So do I say I get up and get dressed (which sort of contradicts my claim) or bend the truth and say I get help getting dressed, regardless of what actually happens?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by . Reason: tick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130142 by Gordon
id66

The assessor should have your PIP2 form and all of the information that you attached to it so unless you need it for your self you should not need to take it with you, take a copy of the diagnosis letter with you and ask the assessor to read it before starting.

If you are asked about how you manage on your own, then you should answer honestly, however, any activity that you do must be done reliably.

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

So using your example of getting dressed; if you are in severe discomfort when you get dressed or it takes you half an hour to get dressed then it should be discounted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: id66

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.