× Members

WFI after 2 and half weeks.

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #130122 by Sarah
WFI after 2 and half weeks. was created by Sarah
Hi, hope someone can help. I claimed ESA over the telephone and have received it from the 4th February. I am still trying to complete the ESA50 questionnaire and have until the 9th March to return it. Despite them not yet receiving my questionnaire and supporting evidence, I have been sent a letter from JCP to attend a Work Focused Interview this afternoon. It was posted on the 13th February. Do they not have to assess the detailed information I send about my current state of health and the way it impacts my life before they arrange interviews.? I am currently suffering with severe anxiety and heightened stress levels due to several major consecutive life events, and I feel at this time, attending an interview of this nature would be unfair and inappropriate. I am experiencing panic attacks and struggling emotionally and mentally to get through each day as it is. I feel at this time being forced to attend would make me worse and would be at my own detriment. What can I do to sort this out and not attend? I feel lost and uncertain about what I can do? I have got apt with my GP this morning. Can I ask him to do anything? if anyone knows what I should do let me know.thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130144 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WFI after 2 and half weeks.
Sarah

It is normal for an ESA claimant to be asked to attend a WFI during the assessment phase, attendance in mandatory and your benefit can be sanctioned if you do not, however, the JC+ advisor must make reasonable accommodations for the limitation that result from your conditions, so you can ask for it to be deferred or to be held over the phone.

Phone the JC+ advisor and make them aware of your problems with attending, unfortunately the final decision on the matter is theirs.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.