× Members

Does Pain Come into PIP Mobility?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130125 by bunnytent
Does Pain Come into PIP Mobility? was created by bunnytent
Would there be any point in trying to claim PIP mobility for my husband? Looking at the self test, he can in fact hobble slowly the 200 metres, but he is in constant pain doing this, and there is no way of easing the pain, as none of the previously prescribed pain patches etc have worked, he has attended a pain management course, as there is nothing the medical profession can do now. My husband does have a blue badge, but I don't think this would count towards a PIP decision. My husband cant drive due to the pain in his knee.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130141 by
Replied by on topic Does Pain Come into PIP Mobility?

bunnytent wrote: Would there be any point in trying to claim PIP mobility for my husband? Looking at the self test, he can in fact hobble slowly the 200 metres, but he is in constant pain doing this, and there is no way of easing the pain, as none of the previously prescribed pain patches etc have worked, he has attended a pain management course, as there is nothing the medical profession can do now. My husband does have a blue badge, but I don't think this would count towards a PIP decision. My husband cant drive due to the pain in his knee.

Hi bt,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your hubby is not already receiving DLA, he certainly has nothing to lose by making a claim for PIP.

PIP Mobility (Moving Around) Component is a "Walking Test".

Only distances that your husband can walk reliably and safely without suffering any pain, discomfort, fatigue or breathlessness should be counted.

This is all covered in our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

You should have a read through that, and if you decide to claim, it guides you through the whole process.

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #130187 by bunnytent
Replied by bunnytent on topic Does Pain Come into PIP Mobility?
Thank you so much
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.