× Members

ESA and Rent capping

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #130345 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA and Rent capping

Bazigar wrote: Dear moderators and Bro 59
I do know why I am not getting payment of ESA .

Just for information please note.

I can assure you definitely that support group has everything to do with capping.i have received a letter from council that if anyone in the family get ESA support group or DLA ,PIP then the house hold is not effected by current capping.

Anyhow thanks for your kind effort.

Hi B,

What you are saying about "Capping" may well be correct.

However, the Benefit Cap is not the reason that you are not receiving any ESA payments.

It is because you are only entitled to Income Related (IR) ESA, and as IR ESA is means tested, your Works Pension is offset against your IR ESA payments £ for £, therefore cancelling it out.

Unless we have completely misunderstood your posts thus far, being in the Support Group, or indeed The WRAG is irrelevant in your circumstances, as is The Benefits Cap.

If you still have doubts contact The CAB or the like, or try putting Welfare Rights/Advice for your Town/Postcode/County into Google.

Where to get advice

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.