× Members

Should i contact my local jobcenter?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130221 by silverstar
Should i contact my local jobcenter? was created by silverstar
Hi, i have accidentally shredded my initial proof of ESA letter,i recently needed it to prove i was getting contribution based ESA ( to make a claim for free prescriptions,dentist etc) however i am not sure if to contact the jobcenter incase it flags me up for a review/ interview.I would welcome your thoughts on this,thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #130222 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Should i contact my local jobcenter?

silverstar wrote: Hi, i have accidentally shredded my initial proof of ESA letter,i recently needed it to prove i was getting contribution based ESA ( to make a claim for free prescriptions,dentist etc) however i am not sure if to contact the jobcenter incase it flags me up for a review/ interview.I would welcome your thoughts on this,thanks.

Hi ss,

Telephoning the ESA Call Centre to request that they send out an ESA entitlement letter to prove that you are being paid Income Related (IR) ESA, (As it is IR ESA that entitles you to free prescriptions/dental care not CB ESA) should not trigger a review.

Reassessment referrals are flagged up by a computer programme then sent to ATOS who send the ESA50 out to you.

You will only speak to an ESA Call Responder, they do not have the power to refer you for reassessment.

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

Failing that, all benefit recipients will be receiving their annual benefit uprating letters over the coming weeks.

You could wait for that, as it should include a breakdown of your ESA payments and any entitlement to payment of IR ESA that you have.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130223 by silverstar
Replied by silverstar on topic Should i contact my local jobcenter?
Hi Bro,thanks for your promot reply.Im recieving CB ESA not IR ESA, does your previous reply stand the same? Thanks

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130225 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Should i contact my local jobcenter?

silverstar wrote: Hi Bro,thanks for your promot reply.Im recieving CB ESA not IR ESA, does your previous reply stand the same? Thanks

Hi ss,

If you are in receipt of Contribution Based (CB) ESA only, this does not "passport" you to other "benefits" such as free prescriptions and dental care.

As seen : Here.

It is possible that you can be paid CB ESA with IR ESA top ups.

This would be common for someone in The Support Group who had entitlement to payment of CB ESA but also passed the means test for entitlement to payment of : ESA Premiums. In this case, The Enhanced Disability Premium. (EDP)

If you are paid the EDP, this would be denoted as the "Disability Income Guarantee" on your ESA benefit breakdown letter.

All ESA Premiums are paid as IR ESA.

Even if only a penny of your ESA payments are IR ESA you are still entitled to free prescriptions, etc.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.