× Members

did not recieve esa50 to fill in

More
9 years 2 months ago #130230 by millymoo
did not recieve esa50 to fill in was created by millymoo
hi all was just wondering if it is the norm not to receive esa 50 form to fill in anymore before a face to face I sent one back in January 2014 and did not hear anything knowing there was a backlog I didn't worry ,I received an appointment to attend a face to face next month I phoned atos and said I hadn't received a form to fill in she said they are going on the esa50 I sent in in 2014 a lot can change in thirteen months any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130269 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic did not recieve esa50 to fill in
millymoo

There have been and still are considerable delays in the ESA system and it would seem that you have been affected by them.

You are entitled to update the information about your limitations at any time up to and including the day of the assessment.

You can either create a document from scratch with details of how your conditions affect you on a daily basis, try and stick to the ESA Descriptors in describing your problems.

Alternatively and if time allows you can create a new ESA50 from scratch, see

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

See our ESA Claim guides for more information

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

In either case, in addition to sending the information to the ATOS office where you are to be assessed, send a copy to the DWP marked for the attention of the Decision Maker, and take a copy to the assessment and require the assessor to read it before proceeding with the interview, you should also ask that the information is include in your file for return to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #130284 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic did not recieve esa50 to fill in
Thank you for your advice Gordon I don't think I have the time to fill in a new esa50 from scratch but I will certainly take your advice and update atos with the information relevant to my health now , I have been diagnosed with another illness today should I mention this to atos or would this count as a new claim.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130299 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic did not recieve esa50 to fill in

millymoo wrote: Thank you for your advice Gordon I don't think I have the time to fill in a new esa50 from scratch but I will certainly take your advice and update atos with the information relevant to my health now , I have been diagnosed with another illness today should I mention this to atos or would this count as a new claim.

There is no problem with you including the details of a condition or diagnosis in any letter you send, ESA does not consider how long you have or how long you will have a condition.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: millymoo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.