× Members

Care & mobility payments

• NanLMH
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130242 by NanLMH
Care & mobility payments was created by NanLMH
Can somebody please explain why, I have been on high rate mobility for quite a few years and get £56.75 and lower care allowance of £21.55 - but someone I know has just been approved for PIP and gets lower mobility and lower care allowance and have nearly the same amount as me. I don't understand how this works.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130256 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Care & mobility payments

NanLMH wrote: Can somebody please explain why, I have been on high rate mobility for quite a few years and get £56.75 and lower care allowance of £21.55 - but someone I know has just been approved for PIP and gets lower mobility and lower care allowance and have nearly the same amount as me. I don't understand how this works.

Hi NLMH,

There is no "Lower Rate" awards for PIP Mobility or Daily Living (Care) Components.

There is only Standard or Enhanced Awards with PIP.

Current PIP Award Rates are :

Standard PIP Daily Living (Care) Award = £54.45/Week

Standard PIP Mobility Award = £21.55/Week

Benefit Rates 2014

See also : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

&

PIP Self Test

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.