× Members

I am looking for some advice please.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130254 by kirsty3
I am looking for some advice please. was created by kirsty3
Hi, I was placed in the Support group of ESA almost 3 years ago ...for 3 years.. Thank you to B &W for your information and guides. I am now beginning to worry as to what happens next? I would soon be receiving a new form to fill in? I am due to get to Retirement age in 4 years...as they have moved the goal posts for women twice. My ESA ( Support Group was without a medical and a Migration from IB) ..... I just want to know what happens now... Do I have to go through the same process again and will they now request a medical? Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130268 by

kirsty3 wrote: Hi, I was placed in the Support group of ESA almost 3 years ago ...for 3 years.. Thank you to B &W for your information and guides. I am now beginning to worry as to what happens next? I would soon be receiving a new form to fill in? I am due to get to Retirement age in 4 years...as they have moved the goal posts for women twice. My ESA ( Support Group was without a medical and a Migration from IB) ..... I just want to know what happens now... Do I have to go through the same process again and will they now request a medical? Thank you.

Hi k3,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Usually the maximum prognosis with an SG award is 3 years.

However, due to the huge backlog with ESA assessments/reassessments, deferrals of ESA reassessments began in Jan 2014.

Many, many of our members have now gone past the time when they expected their reassessment to start.

You do not have to instigate your reassessment, and you will continue to receive your current rate of ESA until an assessment is carried out, and a decision is made.

Have a look at : This Post, and the link to the other post therein.

Most probably, you will have to fill in another ESA50 when the time comes.

Whether you will have to attend a F2F or not will depend on how much evidence you provide, and whether they consider that you have provided enough information to make a paper based recommendation on which group you should be in, much the same as with your last assessment.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #130272 by kirsty3
Replied by kirsty3 on topic I am looking for some advice please.
Thank you for your advice ....I can see other people are in the same position... I will have to wait ..like everyone else.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.