× Members

Worried about ESA medical

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130255 by georgie63
Worried about ESA medical was created by georgie63
Hi,

I was sent a letter to attend to a medical last year September time.

I am on ESA and am in the support group currently, but following advice on here I said I couldn't attend the first venue as there were too many stairs for me to walk, the next venue they sent through I asked if my medical could be recorded.

They then told me that they couldn't do this and it was left that they cancelled the medical due to not having the audio equipment at the venue and they would get back to me.

I haven't heard anything from them since. I am now worried that this will go against me in some way when maximums take over.

Do you think I should still insist on my medical being recorded ?

Many thanks
Dawn George
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130260 by georgie63
Replied by georgie63 on topic Worried about ESA medical
Hi,

I am currently claiming ESA and am in the Support Group.

I was requested to attend a medical last September time but I said the first venue had too many stairs for me to walk, the next venue I requested could it be recorded.

They then cancelled the medical as they didn't have the audio equipment there at that venue and they would get back to me.

I'm now worried as I've not heard from them since and worried if this will go against me in some way when I next attend the medical. Also, when I do have to attend next time, do I still insist on it being recorded ?

Help.....

Thanks for your advice.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #130265 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Worried about ESA medical

Dawn George wrote: Hi,

I was sent a letter to attend to a medical last year September time.

I am on ESA and am in the support group currently, but following advice on here I said I couldn't attend the first venue as there were too many stairs for me to walk, the next venue they sent through I asked if my medical could be recorded.

They then told me that they couldn't do this and it was left that they cancelled the medical due to not having the audio equipment at the venue and they would get back to me.

I haven't heard anything from them since. I am now worried that this will go against me in some way when maximums take over.

Do you think I should still insist on my medical being recorded ?

Many thanks
Dawn George

Hi DG,

I really can't see your request to have your F2F recorded having any adverse effect when Maximus take over.

It is your right to request that it is recorded, and I believe that Maximus have been told by the DWP that they must make provision for audio-recording of consultations, if requested at least one day in advance.

bro58

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130270 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Worried about ESA medical

Dawn George wrote: Hi,

I am currently claiming ESA and am in the Support Group.

I was requested to attend a medical last September time but I said the first venue had too many stairs for me to walk, the next venue I requested could it be recorded.

They then cancelled the medical as they didn't have the audio equipment there at that venue and they would get back to me.

I'm now worried as I've not heard from them since and worried if this will go against me in some way when I next attend the medical. Also, when I do have to attend next time, do I still insist on it being recorded ?

Help.....

Thanks for your advice.

Hi DG,

I have answered your duplicate query : Here.

Please read : This Post.

i.e. There will always be a delay between you posting and it showing up on the forum, even when a Mod is online.

If you have any other queries please reply to this topic.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.