× Members

PIP Assessment

More
9 years 2 months ago #130261 by Orangeblossom
PIP Assessment was created by Orangeblossom
Hi, my friend is in hospita and can't get to the pip assessment next Tuesday. They are saying she must attend or they are going to cut her benefits. Apparenty she has postponed it once before. What can she do get them to come to see her in hospita;? Get a doctor to write for her? Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130274 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment

Orangeblossom wrote: Hi, my friend is in hospita and can't get to the pip assessment next Tuesday. They are saying she must attend or they are going to cut her benefits. Apparenty she has postponed it once before. What can she do get them to come to see her in hospita;? Get a doctor to write for her? Many thanks

I am afraid I think it very unlikely that she will be able to have an assessment while she is in hospital, even if her GP provided a letter stating while she cannot attend, I doubt that the Assessment Provider will want to carry one out until she comes out of hospital.

As to it being a second appointment, being in hospital would be Good Cause for her not being unable to attend, whilst the normal rule is two failures the AP is being incredibly officious to apply this rule in these circumstances, I cannot believe that any decision they made to return her file with the intention of having her claim closed would not be overturned on challenge, wasting everybody's time and public money while it happened.

I would start by contacting the DWP, if the call centre staff are unable to help then they or whoever makes the call on her behalf, should ask for a manager to call back. They should also consider involving their MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130286 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic PIP Assessment
Thank you, i found out it is Capita who said she can't rearrange again. So I suppose she needs to get in touch with them again to expain? Many thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #130302 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Assessment

Orangeblossom wrote: Thank you, i found out it is Capita who said she can't rearrange again. So I suppose she needs to get in touch with them again to expain? Many thanks

Hi Ob,

As Gordon says, being in Hospital would definitely be classed as "Good Cause" for not being able to take part in the PIP Assessment.

I would contact Capita, with the threat of a complaint to The M.P. if they don't stop being so belligerent. :

Contact Capita.

Even though your can telephone Capita, I would back this up with an e-mail to create a paper trail.

I would also contact The DWP PIP Helpline to let them know what is going on, as it would be up to The DWP DM to decide whether "Good Cause" can be shown if Capita return their file for a "No Show" :

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.