× Members

ESA Support Group

• Nicola Tilston
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130289 by Nicola Tilston
ESA Support Group was created by Nicola Tilston
Hi....I am currently receiving work related ESA on mental health grounds. This is due to finish at the end of March.. Since I began claiming ESA, three years ago, I have developed other health issues and now have quite severe arthritis to the extent where every step I take is painful and I can't walk up and down stairs without help and support. Do you know how I can go about claiming to be in the support group for ESA and do you think I would be considered to be eligible? My mental health issues are ongoing too. Thank you for any advice you can give.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130295 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Support Group
Hi and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I don't know whether you realise that your name is showing on the forum? If you wish to change your username, in order to maintain an element of anonymity, you can easily do so by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You can ask for your claim to be reassessed on the ground that your conditioned has worsened, this is called a 'supersession'. I would expect this to trigger another ESA50 +/- a face2face assessment. The onus would be on you to prove the worsening in your condition.

I suggest you have a look to see whether you think you qualify for the Support Group, you should also be as sure as possible that your WRAG status is safe - triggering a reassessment could end up with you being found 'fit for work'.

Qualifying for the Support Group

Qualifying for the WRAG

You could contact DWP and ask when your next reassessment should be expected. However, there is no guarantee that it would not get caught up in the current suspension of reassessments owing to the huge backlog of work that ATOS and DWP have built up.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.