× Members

Denial of Incapacity Benefit

• Alan Holdsworth
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #130291 by Alan Holdsworth
Denial of Incapacity Benefit was created by Alan Holdsworth
:(
Hello,
In April 2014 I had an interview with an Atos Doctor in Southampton. After quite some time, My Wife & I were called. It seemed like the Doctor was not really interested in My circumstances or the problems & pain that I go through on a daily basis.

Anyway, after the interview My Wife drove Me back home. Then some time after, around about 2 weeks, I got a letter informing Me that I was no longer entitled to Incapacity Benefit due to the fact that I had ZERO Points.

So I did an online Self Assessment. The result was that I got 19 points.

I did ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration, I did phone to make an appointment but I had no further correspondence from either Atos or the DWP.

Could someone please advise Me what to do next. I realise a lot of time has lapsed since My Medical, but I rarely have a good day. I'm in pain all the time, suffer from depression & have done for many years. I had an accident in Gulf War 1, & receive a 70% War Disablement Pension. Also I qualified for My Army Pension early because with My War Disablement Pension I get what is called, unemployabiity supplement. I also get DLA, I had a letter not so long ago re-affirming that My DLA is for an Indefinate period.

Yours Sincerely

Alan Holdsworth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130310 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Denial of Incapacity Benefit
AH

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You can still chase the DWP for a Mandatory Reconsideration, I would recommend that you write to them confirming that you made a request for a Mandatory Reconsideration in April/May 2014 and have had no response to the request.

You need to be aware there is a maximum 13 month period for an MR to be requested so you need to ensure that matter is resolved within this timescale.

As to the MR have a look at our ESA MR & Appeal guide for details of the process and what you need to do.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have problems with the DWP accepting the MR request then come back to the forum or indeed if you have any further questions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Holdsworth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.