× Members

Help in wrag as examiner didnt do their job!

• auraura
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130292 by auraura
Hello l have recently joined B&W and would really like some advice.
I recently had a medical with ATOS and was placed in the work related ESA group. I asked for a copy of the medical report ESA 85 and the examiner (a nurse) states that she carried out a physical examination - she didn't!
Her 'findings' and those of my mdical team are totally different.
As l have been placed on work related ESA because she didn't do her job, l should appeal, but l'm worried about DWP's response, as l have read that its easier to lose the esa award in the wr group
Any advise would be of great help.
Thank you
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #130309 by

auraura wrote: Hello l have recently joined B&W and would really like some advice.
I recently had a medical with ATOS and was placed in the work related ESA group. I asked for a copy of the medical report ESA 85 and the examiner (a nurse) states that she carried out a physical examination - she didn't!
Her 'findings' and those of my mdical team are totally different.
As l have been placed on work related ESA because she didn't do her job, l should appeal, but l'm worried about DWP's response, as l have read that its easier to lose the esa award in the wr group
Any advise would be of great help.
Thank you

Hi aa,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

It is not uncommon to see "Errors" in an ATOS ESA85 Medical Report.

Although pointing out any "Errors" may help to discredit The Med Report, the only way to gain access to The SG is to reiterate how and why you qualify for it.

This could be by fulfilling at least one of : The SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Functional Descriptors

Or, if none of those are applicable by way of The Exceptional Circumstances Rules under : ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA)

See : Qualifying for the Support Group

I would also review our : ESA Claims Guides

There is always some risk involved when challenging an adverse decision , but if you do decide to challenge the WRAG award you must do so in writing within one month of the date of The WRAG Decision Notice letter.

You would first have to request a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of The WRAG Award.

This process is explained in our : ESA MR/Appeals Guidance.

See also : Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

Please reply to this post if you have further queries.

bro58

• auraura
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #130321 by auraura
Replied by auraura on topic Help in wrag as examiner didnt do their job!
Thank you for the information, bro58!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.