× Members

P.I.P HOME VISIT ADVICE - 4th March 2015

More
9 years 2 months ago #130297 by Dea332
Hi. I am 44 years old and I applied for P.I.P a few months ago after being rejected outright for DLA, via a tribunal in November 2014. . The officer representing DLA told me to apply for P.I.P when we left the court room.
I have multiple diagnosed conditions, including M.E., Fibromyalgia, Siezures, Arthritis (need knee replacement) , Chronic Migraine Disorder, Depression, Plantar Fasciitis in both feet,Chronic Vertigo, the list could go on and I have been unable to work for over 20 years, I am practically housebound, it can be weeks before I get out of the house for a couple of hours.
I have a list as long as your arm for my medications, including two different seizure meds, pain meds, multiple allergy meds as I suffer anaphylactic shocks, again the list could go on.
Because I was rejected outright for DLA, I am obviously very concerned about this home visit. I will have my mother with me (she is my main carer) but she gets very nervous. My right leg is also in a full leg brace after multiple surgeries since Jan 2013 after a fall and blew all my knee ligaments, that is the knee that now needs completely replacing.
Can anyone give me pointers what I should or shouldn't discuss. I have had social services at home towards the end of last year and they fitted and extra stair rail, bath and shower rails, toilet frame and I have a commode for when I am downstairs.
I do have my own lounge on the ground floor, my bedroom and the bathroom is on the first floor.
I would be extremely grateful for any advice.
Dea.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130313 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P.I.P HOME VISIT ADVICE - 4th March 2015
Dea332

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide, there is a section at the back that covers the assessment, it is not significantly different whether it is held at an assessment centre or your home.

The only area that you might want to give some thought to is explaining how you deal with the stairs each day, there will be an assumption that you use then multiple times a day especially in regard to your toilet needs.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post, otherwise good luck for the 4th.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.