× Members

Clarification on updated info in WCA handbook (HMH

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130311 by Chrissy
Hi and thank you for providing the helpful updated information in your WCA handbook, with regards to mental health.
I would like some clarification please.

I have had active thoughts of suicide and plans but never carried them out. I brought these to the attention of medical professionals, so I am not sure if that means i am not enough of a risk?
I still do get these thoughts from time to time.

There is no current care plan, and I am not under a mental health professional right now.

I have self harmed a few times in the last twelve months, and hopefully my medical records will document that.

There are no indicativer risk factors, in step 2 because, although I have depression and drink/drug problems, and have hurt myself, I have never hurt anyone else.

of the high risk conditions in step five, I have depression and anxiety although only depression is down officially.

of the personal factors

self harm, past history I have a past history of self harm but the doctors have noted that some of the incidents were triggered by worrying about losing benefits and I don't know if the fact that this will somehow go against me?

I live alone and am unemployed.

I think I may still qualify for the support group, but I just wanted clarification and to know if my worries about benefits show up on my medical records, would I stilll be able to give these as evidence?

thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130317 by

Chrissy wrote: Hi and thank you for providing the helpful updated information in your WCA handbook, with regards to mental health.
I would like some clarification please.

I have had active thoughts of suicide and plans but never carried them out. I brought these to the attention of medical professionals, so I am not sure if that means i am not enough of a risk?
I still do get these thoughts from time to time.

There is no current care plan, and I am not under a mental health professional right now.

I have self harmed a few times in the last twelve months, and hopefully my medical records will document that.

There are no indicativer risk factors, in step 2 because, although I have depression and drink/drug problems, and have hurt myself, I have never hurt anyone else.

of the high risk conditions in step five, I have depression and anxiety although only depression is down officially.

of the personal factors

self harm, past history I have a past history of self harm but the doctors have noted that some of the incidents were triggered by worrying about losing benefits and I don't know if the fact that this will somehow go against me?

I live alone and am unemployed.

I think I may still qualify for the support group, but I just wanted clarification and to know if my worries about benefits show up on my medical records, would I stilll be able to give these as evidence?

thanks

Hi C,

You really are worrying about this, please try not to !! :)

I think that Gordon and I have answered your queries regarding your re-qualification for The SG in : Your Other Topic.

Anything is your medical records regarding a substantial risk to your health or that of another, if you are not placed into The SG should help, not hinder.

This applies even if the risk would be caused, worsened or further aggravated by your anxiety about losing benefit or not being placed into The SG.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #130342 by Chrissy
Thank you both Bro, and Gordon. I am really worrying too much about this. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.