× Members

I am 68yrs old how do I change to PIP and when

• seabreez
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130337 by seabreez
can you show me what I have to do forms to fill ect.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130344 by bro58

seabreez wrote: can you show me what I have to do forms to fill ect.

Hi sb,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If you were 65 years or older on the 08/04/13, and are currently in receipt of DLA, as things stand, you will not be transferred over to PIP.

If you are currently 68, a quick bit of arithmetic tells me that you must have been over 65 years old on 08/04/13.

If you are currently receiving DLA, you will continue to receive the DLA for as long as you continue to qualify for it.

If you are not currently receiving DLA, you could not make a fresh claim for PIP due to your age.

If not currently in receipt of DLA, you would have to make a claim for Attendance Allowance. (AA)

Please reply to this topic, if you still feel that you may be transferred over to PIP from DLA, your current fixed term DLA award is coming to an end and you have to renew it, or you want to make a totally fresh claim for AA.

If you have "Indefinite" or "Life" DLA Awards you need do nothing.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.