× Members

Dr oath

More
9 years 2 months ago #130374 by John Briant
Dr oath was created by John Briant
I'm new to this so here goes, could someone answer this question. How is is that when I go to my therapist I'm told that anything I say will be confidential and the same with my Dr, ( unless it means me harming myself or someone else ). Yet we are led to believe that a Dr working for the government can discuss owe personal health problems whith anyone.
J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130378 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dr oath
JB

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I assume your questions is in relation to benefits and the assessments carried out.

You should not assume that Health Care Professionals involved in these processes can "discuss own personal health problems with anyone" this is simply not the case.

All HCP's involved in assessments have a duty not to disclose you information to any unauthorised person, were they to do so they would be breaking the law in just the same way as your own HCP's would if they were to.

It is important that you understand that your implied consent to this sharing is assumed as part of your claim for benefits.

If you believe that your personal information, medical or otherwise has been shared with an unauthorised person then you should make, in the first instance, a formal complaint to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.