× Members

misled by health professional at pip medical

• john reilly
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130384 by john reilly
Just had a Pip Medical
On Moving Around Question - the health assessor completely confused and misled me by asking "How long can I walk before stopping?" not how Far I can walk. All the questions and advice is based around distance not time. In the assessment I had earlier stated that it took me 15 mins to walk to work but that I had to Stop Twice on the way to rest due to pain and get my breath back. The HP used this to suggest to me an answer for the "How long I can walk" question. He said "you take 15 mins to walk to work and stop twice so that means you walk for 5 minutes before needing to Stop ... is that right? he did Not take into account that I Stop and Rest for approx 3 minutes at a time. This means my Actual Physical walking time would Not be 15 mins but Only 9 mins - which divided into the 3 seperate walking episodes between stops is only 3 minutes approximately.
Should I write and Inform the Decision Maker of this Situation Or leave it until I get an actual Decision and then Tell these facts as part of a Reconsideration Claim?
Would realy appreciate some thoughts / advice.
Many thanks John.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130387 by bro58
Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

We have heard from many members who have thought that the Consultation has gone badly, only to be pleasantly surprised when they receive the decision.

Hopefully, that will occur in your case.

Only distances that you can walk, reliably, safely without suffering pain, discomfort, fatigue or breathlessness should be counted.

It may be best to wait until your receive a decision, and then make a written request for an MR as well as requesting a copy of The Medical Report.

In the meantime, you could review our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page) and our PIP MR/Appeals Guidance on the same page, just in case you receive an adverse decision.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.