× Members

Esa

More
9 years 2 months ago #130406 by Jeynes
Esa was created by Jeynes
Hi I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in December 2013 , I had lost my job due to the disease in the October because I was finding it very difficult to cope I worked as a housekeeper , my DR has said I will never work again & I am only 55yrs , I sent my sick notes in to the ESA & was but on the contribution side because I have worked since turning 16yrs , it stopped after the 52wks and have been told I will need to have an assement , but no one can tell me when this will be ? Is this normal we still have a mortgage to pay & my husband is retired with just the state pension to keep us on ,is there any one I can Appel to for help before we end up bankrupt
Many thanks Liz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130410 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa
EJ

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It sounds as if you were placed in the WRAG.

I am afraid that ESA(CB) is only payable for 52 weeks if you are not in the Support Group.

You may be eligible for Income Related ESA, ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

You may be re-assessed at sometime in the future, the DWP can tell you when, just call the office that deals with your claim, however, unless you are placed in the Support Group, your ESA(CB) payments will not be re-instated.

Your only other option is to request a re-assessment due to a deteriorated condition, but you will need to have documented evidence of the deterioration and again, payment will only be made once you are placed in the SG, you will receive nothing while you wait to be assessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.