× Members

Wrongly accused of fraud (long post)

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131346 by Bobbi
Replied by Bobbi on topic Wrongly accused of fraud (long post)
I would like to thank everyone for the help and support given, especially from bro58, your guidance was invaluable.

I received a letter this morning overturning the decision that I had withheld information re my pensions. They informed me that I had told them verbally and in writing. In view of the wrong advice given by DWP during one of the phone calls they have decided that the overpayment need not be repaid. They have also overturned the decision to fine me the civil penalty.

You have no idea how relieved I am. I was fine about repaying the overpayment as I had said all along that I would have to. Not repaying us a bonus.

All I wanted was the DWP to change the decision that I had deliberately withheld information.

Fingers crossed now for my ESA medical next week.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #131355 by

Ariadne wrote: I would like to thank everyone for the help and support given, especially from bro58, your guidance was invaluable.

I received a letter this morning overturning the decision that I had withheld information re my pensions. They informed me that I had told them verbally and in writing. In view of the wrong advice given by DWP during one of the phone calls they have decided that the overpayment need not be repaid. They have also overturned the decision to fine me the civil penalty.

You have no idea how relieved I am. I was fine about repaying the overpayment as I had said all along that I would have to. Not repaying us a bonus.

All I wanted was the DWP to change the decision that I had deliberately withheld information.

Fingers crossed now for my ESA medical next week.

Hi A,

That is Great News !!! :cheer:

I am glad that my advice helped you to obtain the correct decision.

Well done for challenging the DWP !! :)

Good luck with The ESA "Medical", if you haven't already done so, have a read through this FAQ : ESA Medical – What to expect

Please let us know how you get on !! :)

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #131392 by newcastle1949
Replied by newcastle1949 on topic Wrongly accused of fraud (long post)
Well done for getting through it Ariadne, you must to be so relieved, it was awful though that you had to "fight your corner" when you had done nothing wrong, obviously the stress would have probably added to your illness, try and relax victoriously, and thanks for sharing your story.

Best Wishes

SWEETHEART

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.