× Members

Confused about PIP refusal letter

• Caroline White
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130651 by Caroline White
Confused about PIP refusal letter was created by Caroline White
Hi, planning to go for MR and appeal if necessary. But looking through the '50 ways to appeal' guide, I seem to have a letter different from the one described- there is no history, list of conditions etc, just a 'Decision Maker's reasoning' which seems to be based on the assessor's report and little else. Does the guide refer to a report I need to request, rather than the decision letter?

Sorry to be dense, tired and discouraged- less than two weeks to refusal after a wait of nearly a year...
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130661 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused about PIP refusal letter
CW

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

There will a Decision Letter which includes a Statement of Reasons from the Decision Maker about how they came to Decision on your claim, there will also be an assessment report done by either ATOS or Capita, this will be based on the results of your face to face assessment if you had one, or your PIP2 form and any evidence attached if you did not.

You can request this phoning the DWP office that dealt with your claim, however I would follow up the request in writing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caroline White

• Caroline White
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #130671 by Caroline White
Replied by Caroline White on topic Confused about PIP refusal letter
Thanks for that, I thought my username would show up. Fixed now.

Also thanks for the clarification. I have sent the reconsideration request today, highlighting the errors and omissions in the statement of reasons, so I guess asking for the report is the next thing.

• Caroline White
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131754 by Caroline White
Well, it looks as though we are going to tribunal as the 'reconsideration' has just rehashed all the lies, half truths and omissions from the assessor, rather than actually looking at evidence. So will get the initial letter off over the weekend.

Absolutely shaking with rage at this corrupt system.

By the way, is there any mechanism for making a personal complaint about the assessor when everything else is sorted out?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• Caroline White
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago #131756 by Caroline White
Just wanted to add that one of the main issues is that when my daughter tried to tell the assessor about the help she needs being prompted to eat and bath (otherwise she just wouldn't), the assessor said that wasn't relevant and she just needed to hear about the physical side of things. Then has awarded no points for those components! Also has said she was able to engage with other people, even though multiple times during the process the assessor herself was saying 'You have to engage with me DD, I need to hear from you'!!! I can't tell you how much I wish we'd had it recorded.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago #131762 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Confused about PIP refusal letter

WickedWitch wrote: Well, it looks as though we are going to tribunal as the 'reconsideration' has just rehashed all the lies, half truths and omissions from the assessor, rather than actually looking at evidence. So will get the initial letter off over the weekend.

Absolutely shaking with rage at this corrupt system.

By the way, is there any mechanism for making a personal complaint about the assessor when everything else is sorted out?

Hi WW,

Sorry to here of the unsuccessful MR !! :(

You will now have to appeal direct to The Tribunal Service (TS) using The SSCS 1 Form and copy of the MR Notice :

PIP Appeals Guidance.

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

Please keep us updated regarding The Appeal.

You can complain to ATOS/Capita as a separate issue regarding The Assessor :

ATOS : E-Mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Capita : E-Mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.