× Members

PIP turned down.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130797 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic PIP reconsideration
It is not your illnesses but how they effect your daily life. The guides on here are invaluable so use them. I gave examples to each question ie how far I can walk on a good day, on a bad day, and how often I had good/bad days. How long it takes, what the 'cost' is in delayed pain and exhaustion and how many hours or days it would be before I could attempt it again... And the help I need every step of the way in order to do it. Then give details and times of the last time I had ,walked,.
My husband did a detailed diary from waking till back in bed of everything I did, how long in minutes it took and help needed and the same during the night... For a week. It was hard emotionally to see it in black and white but pride not allowed anymore.
Look over every question and think of an example, I found it really helped me.
Remember its the help you need to survive not the illness or disability's you have.
I know it is so very hard and this nightmare makes your health much worse but please, get angry... Then calm down and fight for your rights.
I did send A LOT of info on my illnesses fibro being one, with my ESA and DLA and will do again when pip comes to me :S I added it all with a ... Darn foggy brain can't think of the word! Page on front listing info and pages it could be found! Not menu but? Aaaargh sorry. I said it was to help the DMS as they have so little info available to them about my illnesses. Figured it couldn't hurt.
So, what you can't do... What you can do with help, what you can do and how long it takes and what pay back is in pain etc and always how long before you could do it again... They apply to everything.
Good luck sending fibro hugs, Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130815 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP turned down.
Thank you Linda. I think the word you were looking for is 'index'?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lindat

More
9 years 2 months ago #130822 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic PIP turned down.
Thank you Mrs H, was driving myself insaner trying to think of it/not think of it:-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
9 years 2 months ago #130827 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP turned down.
My mother has problems finding the right word since she had a small stroke several years ago.It turns into quite a guessing game at times :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.