× Members

Maximus (Atos) Medical Assessment - Yesterday 5th

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130786 by ela808
I attended my Assessment yesterday. There were no signs outside the building indicating Atos or Maximus. Inside the reception were information posters with 'Centre for Health and Disability Assessment' on them. Maximus was mention in tiny print at the bottom of the poster.

After waiting nearly two hours to be seen, I was called in by a female who identified herself as a nurse. My daughter came with me as I have severe anxiety, depression and a suspected auto-immune disease (currently being investigated). I had asked for my assessment to be recorded and the nurse explained the procedure to us. I was extremely nervous and even though she didn't appear intimidating, my anxiety levels were very high. She started off by asking a couple of questions about how my illness affected me on a day to day basis. She then warned me about the next set of questions and asked if I still wanted my daughter present. I asked my daughter to leave the room briefly because I had an idea the questions were going to relate to suicidal thoughts/attempts. I thought I was prepared, but ended up having a complete melt-down. The nurse informed me that she was going to stop the assessment and stated this for the tape recorder. The assessment lasted less than 15 minutes.....I don't remember what exactly happened, but when my daughter came back in the room, she said she could hear me wailing from outside the room and I was rocking and shaking. The nurse got me a drink of water and some tissues. I was shaking so badly, I was spilling the water. Even though the assessment was over, it took a long time to get me to calm down.

I was worried, that I would have to re-do the assessment because it had ended so abruptly, she assured me that due to my reaction, she had enough evidence for her report on how my illness affected me. I said ' I don't want to go through this again, and she informed me that I probably won't be called again for at least 18 months. I'm not sure, I fully understand what that means. Even though my assessment was recorded I was concerned about what she may document in her report. My daughter suggested I telephone the Centre to request a copy of the report. Which I have just done. I'm still very shaken up by the whole experience, but relieved it's over (for now). Just more anxiety - waiting for the decision.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130799 by

ela808 wrote: I attended my Assessment yesterday. There were no signs outside the building indicating Atos or Maximus. Inside the reception were information posters with 'Centre for Health and Disability Assessment' on them. Maximus was mention in tiny print at the bottom of the poster.

After waiting nearly two hours to be seen, I was called in by a female who identified herself as a nurse. My daughter came with me as I have severe anxiety, depression and a suspected auto-immune disease (currently being investigated). I had asked for my assessment to be recorded and the nurse explained the procedure to us. I was extremely nervous and even though she didn't appear intimidating, my anxiety levels were very high. She started off by asking a couple of questions about how my illness affected me on a day to day basis. She then warned me about the next set of questions and asked if I still wanted my daughter present. I asked my daughter to leave the room briefly because I had an idea the questions were going to relate to suicidal thoughts/attempts. I thought I was prepared, but ended up having a complete melt-down. The nurse informed me that she was going to stop the assessment and stated this for the tape recorder. The assessment lasted less than 15 minutes.....I don't remember what exactly happened, but when my daughter came back in the room, she said she could hear me wailing from outside the room and I was rocking and shaking. The nurse got me a drink of water and some tissues. I was shaking so badly, I was spilling the water. Even though the assessment was over, it took a long time to get me to calm down.

I was worried, that I would have to re-do the assessment because it had ended so abruptly, she assured me that due to my reaction, she had enough evidence for her report on how my illness affected me. I said ' I don't want to go through this again, and she informed me that I probably won't be called again for at least 18 months. I'm not sure, I fully understand what that means. Even though my assessment was recorded I was concerned about what she may document in her report. My daughter suggested I telephone the Centre to request a copy of the report. Which I have just done. I'm still very shaken up by the whole experience, but relieved it's over (for now). Just more anxiety - waiting for the decision.

Hi e808,

I am sorry to hear that you found the F2F so traumatic !! :(

At least it is over and done with now.

Yes, "'Centre for Health and Disability Assessment" (CHDA) is the company name that Maximus are using to carry out The ESA WCA.

Sometimes, the early curtailment of a F2F can be a good sign, as The HCP feels that they have enough evidence to make a recommendation without the assessment continuing.

Every ESA Award comes with a recommended period before reassessment, this is known as the prognosis of the award :

How often will I be reviewed

From our : ESA FAQ’s

As a result of the F2F The HCP will have compiled an ESA85 Medical Report containing their recommendations.

This ESA85 will be sent electronically to The DWP ESA Decision Maker (DM) who will then make the final decision.

I note that you have requested the ESA85 from CHDA.

You may not receive it due to requesting it from them.

You generally have to request it from The DWP, and it is usually only available after The DM has made their decision, although we have had a few members who have obtained a copy before receiving notification of the decision.

You could leave it until Monday, then ring the ESA Call Centre, to see whether a decision has been made, if it has, you could also request a copy of The ESA85.

Failing that, you can request a copy once you have received the decision in writing.

Please keep us updated.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #130841 by ela808
Thanks bro58,

The whole experience was quite stressful, but I think I reacted to that 'particular question' because it brought back memories that I had buried and not really addressed before.

However, I would like to say that the information on this site was very helpful to me and gave me a good idea of what to expect.

I will keep you informed.

Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.