× Members

Esa reassessment

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130836 by debbiesixtysix1
Esa reassessment was created by debbiesixtysix1
If I was to ring up DWP and ask the prognosis for my esa reassessment could this prompt them to call for me to have a reassessment straightaway or earlier ?
I won my tribunal last Oct 14 and written on the outcome / decision paperwork said advised not to reassess for at least 12 months .this being that I was due major back surgery imminently and I suppose they wanted to see how I go on .....Do they generally stick to what has been written ?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130842 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa reassessment
Hi Debbie,

The people who answer the DWP phones have no influence on any decisions regarding when you might be reassessed. Phoning to ask for your 'prognosis' should not have any adverse effects.

In theory all ESA awards are open ended, they do not come with a fixed term like DLA/PIP. In practice, the prognosis will be entered on the computer and it would be unusual to be assessed before this. However, recently there has been a huge backlog of cases and many routine reassessments were suspended, with the result that some claimants are waiting much longer than expected before reassessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: debbiesixtysix1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.