× Members

esa reassessment

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #130853 by az
esa reassessment was created by az
hi
i received this week a letter from jobcenterplus ,its titled : your claim for employment and support allowance. change in social security benefits.
it is stated that the amount of benefit will change from 6 april.
does it mean that they have reassessed my esa without sending me the form or is it a normal procedure they do with all people in receipt of esa.
can someone help. :unsure:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #130854 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa reassessment

az wrote: hi
i received this week a letter from jobcenterplus ,its titled : your claim for employment and support allowance. change in social security benefits.
it is stated that the amount of benefit will change from 6 april.
does it mean that they have reassessed my esa without sending me the form or is it a normal procedure they do with all people in receipt of esa.
can someone help. :unsure:

Hi az,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

From what you have written, I wouldn't worry !! :)

The letter that you speak of sounds very much like the annual benefit uprating letter that all benefit recipients receive from The DWP around this time of year.

It is simply informing you of the uprating of your ESA which will be applicable from 06/04/15.

See ; This Post.

If you still have any concerns, you can contact ESA on Monday :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150990 by az
Replied by az on topic esa reassessment
hi i am on dla and esa sg can i claim carers allowance for the care i give to my daughter who has a physical illness whithout me being reassessed for my benefits. thanks for any help
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150992 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa reassessment

az wrote: hi i am on dla and esa sg can i claim carers allowance for the care i give to my daughter who has a physical illness whithout me being reassessed for my benefits. thanks for any help

Hi az,

Firstly, for you to be able to : Claim Carers Allowance (CA) for providing care for your daughter, she would have to be in receipt of Middle or Higher Rate Care of DLA OR a Standard or Enhanced PIP Daily Living Award.

See also : Carers UK. CA.

If she has either the DLA or PIP Awards as above, then yes, in theory you can !

However, as ESA and CA are "overlapping benefits" you could not receive both, but if you are entitled to payments of Income Related (IR) ESA you could claim CA, and as you would have an "underlying entitlement" to it you would be entitled to payment of The Carers Premium as an IR ESA top up to your SG ESA payments.

Your providing care for your daughter may only cause problems with your own DLA/ESA Awards if the actions involved in the Care that you were providing were in direct contradiction to the limitations that resulted in your own DLA/ESA Awards.

Income Related (IR) ESA Premiums

To be entitled to any of The ESA Premiums above, you have to fulfil the qualifying criteria as laid down in the link above, AND you have to be able to pass the IR ESA means test with respect to capital, assets, savings, household income and any hours worked by a partner if you have one :

24 hour work rule for payment of IR ESA

Asset rule for receipt of IR ESA

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.