× Members

ESA REassessment

More
9 years 2 months ago #130867 by kittygirl
ESA REassessment was created by kittygirl
Hi All,
Hope you can help, i was transferred to support group without a face to face in dec 2012 for 1 year, I received a new wca in august 2013 but did not get an appointment until this january due to the backlogs, I had to go to a face to face at atos, i was there 20 mins and they cancelled as they were running late, I had a new appointment for 24th February. I had a doctor as I have quite severe uniary and swallowing problems, he conentrated on the urinary problems and then said that he had enough information and that he had to make a phone call. He came back 15mins later and said that there was enough information and i could go home.
Now this is the killer question, today i received a new wca form which looks like maxsimus saying it must be fillled in by the 7th April, I am completly confused I have not even received the result of my face to face from 2 weeks ago, I'm just hoping this is a mistake, I wanted your advise before I ring them I'm really quite worried now.
Many thanks :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130894 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA REassessment
kittygirl

It sounds like a problem in the handover from ATOS to Maximus, I would start by contacting the DWP about the matter, ask them to confirm in writing that you do not need to attend this new assessment, then you can contact Maximus.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130913 by kittygirl
Replied by kittygirl on topic ESA REassessment
Hi,
Many thanks for your help Gordon, just one question do I contact the DWP office that deals with my claim or the main office.
Thanks
Kittygirl.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130935 by
Replied by on topic ESA REassessment

kittygirl wrote: Hi,
Many thanks for your help Gordon, just one question do I contact the DWP office that deals with my claim or the main office.
Thanks
Kittygirl.

Hi kg,

To contact The DWP by telephone, you should ring The ESA Call Centre :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

Resolution of this issue would probably involve you requesting an escalation to The ESA WCA Team based at The Benefits Office/Centre that administers your ESA, as your initial point of phone contact will only be a Call Responder.

As an escalation would involve a call back from The WCA Team, I would ring as early as possible. (From 8AM-8.30AM)

You could covertly record the phone calls if you have the facility to do so.

Once The WCA Team have sorted this out, I would ask them to confirm it in writing to you.

You could also back up any phone conversation by recording what has gone on in writing.

You would then post this to the address of The Benefits Office /Centre on your most recent ESA letter :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

This would give you a paper trail as evidence of what has gone on.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #131174 by kittygirl
Replied by kittygirl on topic ESA REassessment
Hi,
Thanks for all your advise, I rang the DWP yesturday and the chap I spoke to went through my details and said that my report was returned to them on 26th Frb 2 days after my re assessment and that I'd been put back into the support group and will not be re assessed until 2017, so I explained about the new WCA and he said that "They had not authorised that " so he told me to ignore it but if I hear again to get back to them and they will sort it out immediatly. I did manage to record it.
I hope that this is the end of it.
There is just one more question as I am on high rate dla care/mobility indefinately would I be able to claim this sdp prenium as it looks like i fit the criteria, what form would i need please.
Thanks once again

Kittygirl.

More
9 years 2 months ago #131193 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA REassessment
kittygirl

I am always nervous when members leave matters pending when dealing with the DWP or an Assessment Provider. Even though you have a recording of the conversation, you are assuming that the person you spoke to has authority to tell you to ignore this new ESA50, they do not! I would contact the DWP again and ask them to confirm in writing that you do not need to complete it, when you have this letter, send a copy to Maximus.

You can receive the Severe Disability Premium if you live alone or are considered to be and no one receives Carers Allowance for you AND you are receiving Income Related ESA in whole or in part.

If you are already receiving ESA(IR) then you need to contact the DWP about the SDP, they will send you an IS10 form to complete. If you are not already receiving it, you should also be entitled to the Enhanced Disability Premium for being in the Support Group, this is also known as the Disability Income Guarantee.

If you are only receiving ESA(CB) then you need to check your eligibility for ESA(IR) this is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and for completeness any hours that a partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you think that you are entitled to an ESA(IR) then contact the DWP and ask for an ESA3 in addition to the IS10.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.