× Members

ESA (C)

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130877 by bob
ESA (C) was created by bob
Okay, have just been through the process of transferral, placed in support group ESA(c) based. given that before all I have been claiming is incapacity benefit since 2000, (was awarded IDDB at 30% in 2002) and small pension as worked for council (E.S.C.C) claimed early retirement pension
due to Ill health (C.O.P.D) . got fed up in 2003 trying to get income support and mortgage relief lost the house in the end attended so many appeals even won a couple but never got the money was awarded as dirty tricks used, forcing me to either give up or put in a another appeal.

Now before given was only claiming Incapacity would be unaffected by a partners earning as as i understood replaced J.S.A.

My question is is E.S.A affected by a partner/live in lover/ friend ect. when no component for housing council tax ect, is being claimed. Been searching all over the place and most of what i have found is generic info
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130900 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA (C)
Hi bob,

If you are on Contributory benefit only then this is not affected by any household income or assets (other than an occupational pension or similar that the claimant receives). If you receive any element of income-related benefit (such as IR top up of contributory ESA) then this would be affected by such things.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta. Reason: tick
The following user(s) said Thank You: bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris