× Members

PIP Moving Around

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130886 by Bill
PIP Moving Around was created by Bill
Hi mods,

I know this is a well worn question as I have read many that have been asked and answered. However, we are still slightly unsure, and this is even after reading, and re-reading, your PIP Guides over and over again. Its not that your Guide is not clear, its just that we cant really decide so we thought we would ask you guys.

If you have pain and discomfort at all times, even before you begin to walk, and it all becomes worse as you continue to walk, do you tick the box 0-20 meters (or less than 20 mtrs whatever it says, but the minimum anyway) even though you can continue to walk for maybe 50 meters before needing to rest?

When I say you can continue to walk maybe 50 meters that is because you are very bloody minded and you push yourself to do so as often as possible, even though you suffer when you get home later.

I hope this has been explained enough for you to understand our dilemma?

Thanks for everything guys you all do a fantastic job here at this site.... you should all get medals!

Mr & Mrs Bill
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130934 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Moving Around
Bill

If you have severe discomfort, this term is not defined or used by PIP but the DWP have been using it in their documentation as a carry forward from DLA), before starting an activity then your ability to perform that activity should not be considered, however, DLA case law (I know this is PIP) makes reference to a claimant needing to experience that severe discomfort due to the action of walking, so if you can accurately state this on your form then it would be worth your doing so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill

More
9 years 2 months ago #130992 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic PIP Moving Around
Many thanks Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.