× Members

Dla renewal (stressed)

More
9 years 2 months ago #130912 by Polli
Dla renewal (stressed) was created by Polli
First time posting...I've just received a text from DWP saying my form has been received and can take up to 8 weeks ?
Does this mean they are not awarding ? I have read people saying first text was an award? I have sent in lots of info and My Doctor also wrote about my condition and how it affects me..............I'm so stressed incase I lose my benefit, as I have applied twice and only won on 2nd appeal before, the thought of all that stress again 8(..Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130921 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Dla renewal (stressed)
Hi polli and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Some people are getting their DLA decisions within days, others are waiting several months. The length of the wait does not have any bearing on the final decision. I would not expect you to receive the decision via text whichever way it goes.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Nancy72
9 years 2 months ago #130952 by Nancy72
Replied by Nancy72 on topic Dla renewal (stressed)
Hi Polli, mine took 26 days from posting, but it was something like 10 days to receive letter saying if I hadn't heard anything within 8 weeks I should ring. And then a couple of weeks later my award arrived. I know how stressed you are, was there myself last week, it's awful isn't it? But I am keeping fingers crossed that you will get a good result soon.
Nancy72

More
9 years 2 months ago #130981 by Polli
Replied by Polli on topic Dla renewal (stressed)
Thanks for the info Nancy. Did you not receive a text then saying they had received your form?
My daughter says not to worry if they refuse we shall just go to a tribunal again and fight for what I am entitled to ....easier said than done ..1st lot was deffo a firing squad , 2nd quite nice and I won :) fingers crossed 3rd time lucky with a decision in my favour and no medical or appeals :unsure:
Polli

• Nancy72
9 years 2 months ago #131068 by Nancy72
Replied by Nancy72 on topic Dla renewal (stressed)
Hi Polli, no text, although I gave my mobile number, just a letter. Maybe different offices have different methods, mine went to Blackpool.

Fingers crossed anyway, I see another member has had a very quick reply just posted, and good results.

Nancy

More
9 years 2 months ago #131191 by Polli
Replied by Polli on topic Dla renewal (stressed)
Hi Nancy mines went to Blackpool too........posted on Monday received text on Sat morning ?..Maybe it was just because it was the weekend I got a text , I know its early but some people are getting decisions so fast , its so confusing .

Polli

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.