× Members

Change in circumstances

• sharon
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #130915 by sharon
Change in circumstances was created by sharon
Hi,
My partner who works is due to move in with me at the end of March and I am currently in the support group income related ESA after I was laid off my my job last May 14 due to ill health. I have just gone from DLA to PIP Enchanced rate for care and mobility. Will I no longer receive my ESA when my partner moves in??
Many thanks
Shaz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130922 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Change in circumstances
Hi Sharon,

Are you sure that you are solely on Income Related ESA? If you had worked for a few years prior to becoming sick I would have expected you to be on Contributory ESA, even if you were getting an income-related top-up.

If you are solely on IR ESA then I'm afraid you will lose this if your partner works for more than 24 hours a week :(

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you are on part Contributory with an IR top-up then you would lose the top-up but not the contributory element.

I hope I have explained this clearly. If not, please feel free to reply to this message and we will do our best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris