× Members

Help please with GP letter for WCA

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130927 by Chrissy
Help please with GP letter for WCA was created by Chrissy
Hi

I have had loads of help on these boards, and they have inspired me to prepare for my WCA in advance, so that when the forms come I am going to be ready.
I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow and I am going to ask her if I can pay for a GP letter of evidence to go in my WCA.
My doctor doesn't know the system, but my aim, is to stay in the support group, because I am not fit for work related activity.

My GP doesn;t know how the system works, she doesn't know what the support group, or work related activity is, although she agrees I am unfit.

I have been trying to do a note to give to my GP but am getting a bit stuck and mixed up and would like some help. I don't know what to ask her to put in the letter. I'm not asking for descriptions of how my difficulties affect me, as I know how to do that, I just want to know, what to put on the note I give her, so she writes me a letter which helps me stay in the support group, bearing in mind she does not know the system.

I only have a short appointment with her, and she is really difficult to see. I'm also requesting my medical records, as advised on here.

So, what to put in that note I give her, so she can write an evidence letter?

thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130940 by

Chrissy wrote: Hi

I have had loads of help on these boards, and they have inspired me to prepare for my WCA in advance, so that when the forms come I am going to be ready.
I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow and I am going to ask her if I can pay for a GP letter of evidence to go in my WCA.
My doctor doesn't know the system, but my aim, is to stay in the support group, because I am not fit for work related activity.

My GP doesn;t know how the system works, she doesn't know what the support group, or work related activity is, although she agrees I am unfit.

I have been trying to do a note to give to my GP but am getting a bit stuck and mixed up and would like some help. I don't know what to ask her to put in the letter. I'm not asking for descriptions of how my difficulties affect me, as I know how to do that, I just want to know, what to put on the note I give her, so she writes me a letter which helps me stay in the support group, bearing in mind she does not know the system.

I only have a short appointment with her, and she is really difficult to see. I'm also requesting my medical records, as advised on here.

So, what to put in that note I give her, so she can write an evidence letter?

thanks.

Hi C,

A good start would be to request that she states that your medical conditions have not improved since the time of your last ESA Assessment, and that you have not received any new medication or had any sort of procedures that have improved your conditions, that being the case.

If possible, although you could state the following yourself, it would help further if it was stated that your resulting limitations and disabilities have not diminished nor have you learned to adapt to or cope any better with your limitations and disabilities.

The main thing, is that you must try not to "lead" your G.P. in what they write.

You could print off a copy of : The SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors

Then ask her whether she feels that you qualify for any of them, giving a brief explanation of how and why.

You could also print off ESA Reg 35 : ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA) and ask her whether she feels that there would be a substantial risk to your own health or that of another if you were not placed into The SG and were therefore compelled to take part in WRA.

Again, where possible giving reason why there would be a "Substantial Risk" as at ESA Reg 35 (2) (a) & (b).

It is also important for entry to The SG that not only does your G.P. state that you are unfit for work (This only gives you LCW, WRAG) but that you are also unfit to take part in work related activity. (LCWRA, The SG)

You should be aware that G.P.'s are not contractually obliged to provide reports and letters of support for their patients, even if you offer to pay.

It is down to the individual G.P. and/or Practice Policy.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #130948 by Bamboozal
Replied by Bamboozal on topic Help please with GP letter for WCA
Hi Chrissy,

I originally was placed in the support group and my GP wrote a letter of support for me.
On re assessment 3 years later she copied the original letter and added on a
paragragh stating their has been no change or improvement in my condition in the interveening period since my last assessment.
I was successful in retaining support group status for a further 3 yrs without the need for a medical. Not sure if your GP has formulated a letter of support previously for you but if so then am sure this would be all that is needed.

Hope this helps

Bam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissy

More
9 years 2 months ago #130971 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Help please with GP letter for WCA
Hi Bro and Bamboozal

Many thanks for your very helpful posts.
You both said some things that I hadn't thought of, and I really appreciate that.

Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.