× Members

Esa affecting Pip ?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130958 by metrorider
Esa affecting Pip ? was created by metrorider
Hi,

I was recently awarded enhanced rate PiP until February 2019. Unfortunately, due to my anxiety disorder/Avoidant Personality disorder I've had to leave my part time job with a charity as I'd had issues with dealing with other staff members. This has been the cycle of my life for as long as I can remember and at 46 I've really had enough of this now. I don't want to throw the towel in but I have to make a decision as regards the rest of my working life to be honest.

If I claim Esa I know I will have to jump through the hoops to get it as I had to for my PiP award. Is it risky applying for ESA with my PIP award in place? I fear if I'm turned down for ESA then it might affect my current PiP award.
If not then could my PiP award work in my favour to get into the Support group of ESA?

NB: I got the PiP award using your guides :)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #130968 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa affecting Pip ?
metrorider

Whilst we have seen ESA reports used as part of the evidence for a PIP Decision, this only happens very infrequently and so far we have only seen them used in a positive fashion. i.e. to make an award rather than to deny one, as you already have an award for PIP I think it very, very unlikely that it would have any affect.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris